Sunday, March 20, 2011

San Antonio

Adam and I went to San Antonio for a weekend to up with my friend Telleen (went to Tech) and her boyfriend Greg (live in San Antonio). We had been trying to meet up for awhile. Greg has been working in SA for almost two years now, but we finally found a weekend that Telleen was visiting and we could head down.

Also the last weekend of the Rodeo was that same time. I have been dying to go to the SA Rodeo for years, it has won best large in-door rodeo for the last 6? years. The cheapest night to go was Friday when Martina McBride was playing. So on our way in we picked up Telleen and Greg from the Riverwalk and headed to the rodeo! We walked around the rodeo grounds for about an hour before the actual rodeo started. It reminded me a lot of the Texas State Fair, lots of good/bad food, carnival rides and livestock. We checked out the cattle that was being shown as well and some cattle roping and herding competitions. From there we grabbed dinner (corn dogs, fries, fried bacon, etc.) then headed into the rodeo! Our seats were about as high up as could be but luckily some of Gregs work friends were in a box and got us in for the second half of the rodeo and Martina McBride concert. I loved every minute of it. I find rodeos so entertaining and am so fascinated with the lifestyle of real cowboys. I'm also a pretty big Martina McBride fan so that was a pretty awesome way to end the night. She was amazing. Such a beautiful/powerful voice and she sang all my favorites.

Adam and I spend the rest of the weekend hanging out with the Pearson crew. Never a dull moment with Grace and Walker so we kept busy but had fun. I went back to San Antonio the following weekend for sweet Walker Bear's 3rd birthday. My parents were also in town so it was nice to see them. Walker is Toy Story obsessed so that was an easy choice for a birthday theme. He also loves masks right now and I found a Spiderman mask that he was pretty excited about. The drive to San Antonio is about 6 hours and it a lot for a weekend, but always worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment