Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sewing Projects


Adam got me a sewing machine for Valentine's Day and I was very excited to put it to use. Let me first say I had never used a sewing machine before so I had no idea what I was really getting into. However, I had lots of grand plans of what I wanted to create. My first project I decided on was a Crayon Wallet for my niece Silia Laine. I figured that no matter how bad it was, if it was for family, and a toddler, she wouldn't complain too much! I found the pattern on a blog and thought it looked useful, fun and not too hard.
I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. I bought a pencil to trace the lines to help me sew straight and the marks were supposed to just wipe off, but they didn't. And I still need lots of practice sewing straight. But, it serves its purpose and I think SLP will enjoy it. Here is a picture of it wrapped up.

The next project I worked on was a cover for my SLR camera strap. One of my favorite blogs sell camera straps that I love but I am not ready to make a full strap yet. So I settled on a cover in the meantime. My sewing was straighter and I really like the fabrics I chose. Only problem as when I turned in right side out, one of the seams tore. It wasn't a huge tear and still works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment