Sunday, March 20, 2011

SB2K11


Tonight I am savoring my last few moments of Spring Break 2011. This has been the first year in awhile I have not had a big trip planned. SB2K10 I was in Seattle with Adam, SB2K9 was spent in Kuwait and Cairo with the Pa'u family and my Mom, and many spring breaks before were spent on the beach. This year I packed up my car and drove to Atlanta to see my parents and lots of friends. It was a fabulous week!

The drive was not as bad as I expected, I had a few books on CD from our library which helped pass the time. I got into the farm around 9:30 and headed to bed. Sunday I went to Peachtree Pres, my old church that I have missed so much. The sermon was great, the music was rejuvenating and the sight of old friends brought tears to my eyes. PPC was one of the toughest things to leave in Atlanta and has proven to be very hard to replace, but I will continue searching! After church I met my parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents in Dallas, GA at my Aunt Claudia's house to celebrate Bentley's (my cousins son) 1st birthday. I was glad I was there and it was convenient to have all the family I wanted to visit in one place, saved me some driving!

Monday my Dad and I spent working on my car. We washed and waxed it, filled in some scratches, used touch up paint on the doors, revived the oxidized plastic on my bumpers, changed the oil, airfilter and wiper blades, worked on my washer fluid pump that wasn't working (after replacing it we discovered it wasn't getting any power), got the stains out of my seats and floor mats, and put some rainex on the windows. I could not have done any of that with out my dad's help and experience. My car looks brand new and felt great to drive. I was so proud I had to take some pictures.


Tuesday I went to have lunch with my Trinity friends and ended up staying until the end of the day. Trinity is such a special place and the people are what make it that! I miss those ladies so much and loved get updates on everyone's lives. It was also neat to see some of the students I had last year, they have all grown so much. At the end of the school day I took Anna, the girl I babysat weekly for the last two years, to get some yogurt. It was nice to catch up, she is a special girl! From there I walked around Lenox and found a dress at Anthropolgie that I am in love with! I have been holding on to a gift card I got for Christmas to use it on a dress for my friend Michelle's wedding this summer, and I found the dress I want! Too bad it is $298 and I won't be buying it ha! But it is beautiful. From there I went to meet Telleen, Molly, and Jenna at Taquiera del Sol. One of our favorite places to eat in Atlanta. They have the best guac and margaritas ever. We sat and talked for hours. It was so nice to catch up and be around people I have know for 8 years. They just get me and you don't need to explain things to friends you have known that long. I loved it. Avid had class so I went over to see her new apartment after we closed down TDS. She is leaving for Brazil this week for her MBA program, so exciting. It was great sitting and talking to her and Steph. My desire to be a labor and delivery nurse has been creeping up again lately so I picked Steph's brain about that. Who knows.... I was exhausted after all the fun I had but made it home and crashed.

The rest of the week was filled with quality time with my parents. We got everything ready to plant the garden, went on a hike around the farm, saw a snake, got a pedicure, went shopping, ate some amazing food, visited Grandpa, took a few naps, sewed some bags, sewed through my finger, sat on the porch, went on a long Harley ride and enjoyed every minute of the beautiful weather. It was wonderful.

Seeing Grandpa was hard though. He has changed quite a bit since the last time I saw him and has been moved to a memory care unit. It was the first time he didn't recognize me right away and the whole time we where there he was packing up and thought he was going home. His room is bigger than at the other place and I like the staff better but it's still hard to see him there. I want to remember him as the man that knew everything about farming, who rode me around on the tractor, who took such great care of my grandmother and who told everyone I was "grandpa's girl". That is exactly how I will always remember him but seeing him as he is now makes it hard and just makes me so sad for him. I want him to be happy and know he is loved but it's hard to know if he does.

Anyways, it was an awesome week that filled my Atlanta fix. Atlanta is home to me and I miss it still. Trips like this remind me though that it isn't going anywhere. Atlanta will always be there for me to go back to as will the great friends I have there.

No comments:

Post a Comment