Monday, January 17, 2011

The weekend...

Thank the Lord for a day off! I don't logically understand why single days off are so wonderful, especially since they are followed by a weekend, but today was so good. Really this weekend was really good and today was just a special bonus.

Friday I went to a happy hour with the math team at work and it was nice to spend time with them outside of the school. We met at Chuy's, a mexican restaurant, and I stuffed myself miserably. They had a free nacho bar which had taco meat, queso, beans, and chips. I have been trying really hard to eat well and the unlimited trips to the nacho bar was not good for me. I felt horrible when I left and had to go straight to the gym. I just new I was going to puke up everything I ate (and secretly kind of hoped I would since I was feeling so bad), but alas, it all stayed in my belly and bounced around the whole work out.

Saturday I woke up and went to the gym where they were doing a special WOD (Workout of the Day), it was burtal. The rest of the day was spend preparing for poker night that Adam was hosting for his JCP guys. I was so thankful Brittnay came and I had a girl to hang out with. We drank wine, caught up and went to see "The Kings Speech". Loved it! Highly recommend it to anyone, Colin Firth was amazing, he deserves any award coming his way! Brittnay is from Georgia and a nurse, I know Adam has good guy friends based on the fact that I like all their girlfriends/wives. Hopefully next poker night more of the ladies can come. Adam ended the poker night up $150 so I have no complaints!

Sunday we ran a bunch of errands. We went to Rooms-2-Go, JCP, Ashley Furniture, Academy, Costco and Market Street. Adam really needs a new couch so we were checking the options. He didn't find anything he loved but found two or three he liked. I had a gift card from a student to Academy and wanted to check out their sales. I ended up buying two Nike workout tanks in the clearance section. One was only $1.88. I was pumped and I love the shirt. Working out 5+ days a week has made me realize what clothes I like to work out in and what I do not. I wore my new $1.88 shirt to the gym today and it was a winner. Costco runs are never a quick thing. We hadn't been in awhile and Saturdays are sample day so we took our time. We walked out with a new slow cooker/rice cooker/steamer for $29.99. We have a slow cooker but wanted one that we could program so we could cook while at work and it would turn to keep warm when the food was done. Adam also found Matt (his brother) a Blue-Ray DVD player. It is his Christmas gift and he got a pretty good deal. It has an app that you can download to make your iPhone a remote for it. And lastly we purchased and whole rotisserie chicken for $4.99! What a deal and it was delicious. (Okay I also bought 6 romaine hearts but that is all). Our last stop was Market Street, my new fav grocery store. I like it way better than Whole Foods, and here is why. They have a great selection of all the Whole Foods type stuff but also have the normal stuff you need at the grocery store. I like Whole Foods but then had to go to Kroger to get the stuff they didn't have or I could get cheaper. It was also sample day there so we filled up. They give our stickers for every $10 you spend and you can earn free cookware, another reason I like Market Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment