Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hair Cut and Paleo Lesson


I went and got my hair cut yesterday by a girl who goes to Crossfit with me. I haven't had my hair cut since Thanksgiving 2009 so it was well beyond time. I didn't have anything to exciting done, just a good trim, some layers and side bangs. I'm trying to keep it long and fought off the temptation to chop it off for now.

More important that getting my hair cut, the girl who cut it, Rachel, is so nice, super fit, and has been eating Paleo for awhile. It was great to talk to someone outside of the gym about the diet and be able to get some tips and write down her advice. She suggested going to Sprouts, trying spaghetti squash, coconut milk creamer, Think Thin protein bars, tuna fish salad on bell peppers, using Olive Oil Mayo and watching my calories via the iPhone App Lose It. All of which has proved to be great advice within the last 24 hours. Boys apparently can eat as much as they want on Paleo but girls still need to count their calories (awesome). The iPhone app has been great. So easy to use and it has a ton of brand name food calorie counts already programmed in. For breakfast I used my new Coconut Milk Vanilla Creamer (delish), lunch had my tuna fish salad on bell peppers (so yum), carrots and quac, blueberries (trying to cut down on other fruits and focus on berries) and lastly had my Brownie Crunch Think Thin bar for a snack and was happily surprised at how great it tasted. I might be going back for another haircut soon just to get more help on my eating.

The one suggestion she had, the spaghetti squash, I am skeptical about. My Paleo websites have mentioned it but I hadn't yet talked to anyone who had tried it. I picked one up at Sprouts and think I'll give it a try for dinner this weekend. It's a squash that you cook in the oven, after you have removed the seeds, then shred and use as pasta. Sounds crazy and gross but I am up for trying anything lately. I'll update you as soon as I have tried it but in the mean time here is a photo of the spaghetti squash, the sticker with directions on how to prepare it and my Think Thin bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment